29 de enero de 2010
Ken Lee
The scariest part of spending so much time by myself is the total randomness of thought. I keep interrupting my own mind thinking "where the fuck did THAT come from?"
Not having my Blackberry with me somehow redefines the meaning of "by myself" too. It's amazing how carrying that "other end" can make you feel that you're not completely alone. Because it rings. Or messages arrive. Or there is Facebook. Or, obviously, you can place the call yourself.
I can't actually remember when the last time I was incommunicado was. I do have a mobile phone here, but there are four contacts in my address book and I have no need to contact any of them.
I spent seven waking hours by myself yesterday. I was determined to stay active and avoid jet lag. For the benefit of anyone who knows Sydney, I'll just say that I walked form Kings Cross to Circular Quay, took a ferry to Taronga Zoo, walked along the coast there, spent 4 more hours walking in the zoo, then ferried back to the other side, and walked the longer, more scenic route back to the flat.
I had intentionally left my iPod at home. And by 7 pm, I had gotten reacquainted with myself, confirming that I am, actually, great company (GWOAG)*
I made three stops and scribbled some of the things that made an appearance in my mind. I could --but won't-- disturb you with them, but a little glimpse shouldn't hurt.
This being the first day of my trip, there's still a lot of thought of pesos in my mind that I want to shut out. If you think pesos, you can't even breathe in dollars. So fussh! I send that train of thought packing.
And then there are business ideas. I need to jot them down because I know I forget even the most brilliant ideas. I won't share that one lest you should steal it.
I also think of this guy I was with in Shanghai. Once more I am thinking that he can't have died. "What if I meet him here? What f it was all a joke? No way can Sander be dead!" But Sander has popped into mind so many times since January 3rd, it's no surprise.
And then there's the randomest thing of them all. I am singing in my mind, which is not strange and shouldn't be scary. Only what I am silently humming is "Ken Lee". WTF?
*Girl without a granny
Suscribirse a:
Comentarios de la entrada (Atom)
The one person you should always, ALWAYS entertain, is yourself. I'm glad you reminded yourself that you're great company. Keep a journal. Keep a journal. Keep a journal.
ResponderBorrarmuerte a la blueberry y a todas las demas berries. y long live Ken Lee. have fun, amigaaa
ResponderBorrar